Tygerberg Campus have 4 co-ed residences.
Students who are placed in any one of these residences are under the supervision of a Residential Head. The Residential Head, in turn, is assisted by senior students acting as advisors. Resident advisors assist students with a variety of needs, monitor facility security and maintenance, and plan numerous educational and social programmes for students.
Mentors are senior students who are appointed in residences and PSO’s to assist new students with their adjustment to university life. Each new student should have access to a mentor. The mentor already plays an important role during the welcoming period with general assistance regarding university life queries and psychosocial support. Through the mentor, the new students have the opportunity to partake in the Wellness programme of the University, which aims to enhance the wellness of students throughout the year.
- Modern laundry facilities
- A common "living room" area for socialising, watching TV or just "hanging out"
- All the women's residences, and some of the men's, also have a communal and/or private lounge area where visitors can be recieved and entertained.
- Most of the residences boast lovely courtyards and/or gardens for play and relaxation.
- Each room has a network point for connecting your own computer to the University's network, electronic information resources, the Internet and web-based e-learning tools.
Meals in residences (updated meal fees for 2014 will only be available later in the year)
|Huis ten Bosch||Helshoogte|
|CO-ED Residences (Mixed-gender per floor)|
Private Affiliated Residence
The University owns apartments ideally located on campus. These apartments are available to academics (local and international), seminar-, conference-, workshop and/or short course attendants as well as parents and visitors during graduation ceremonies.
T: 021 808 9568