Basic admission requirements
To study at Stellenbosch University you are required to:
- Have obtained a National Senior Certificate (NSC) as certified by Umalusi with admission to Bachelor's degree studies, which means that you must obtain a mark of at least 4 (50%) in each of four school subjects from the list of university admission subjects: Accounting, Agricultural Sciences, Business Studies, Consumer Studies, Dramatic Arts, Economics, Engineering Graphics and Design, Geography, History, Information Technology, Languages (one language of learning and teaching at a higher education institution and two other recognised language subjects), Life Sciences, Mathematics, Mathematical Literacy, Music, Physical Sciences, Religion Studies and Visual Arts
- Have written the National Benchmark Tests (NBTs)
- Also meet further requirements specific to the programme(s) of your choice as set out in the programme outlines under the various faculties
Faculty selection guidelines
As from 2013 all programmes at SU are selection programmes. Keep in mind that, even though you may meet the minimum admission requirements of a programme, you are not guaranteed admission to the programme of your choice. You have to comply with the Faculty-specific selection requirements as well.
Faculty selection guidelines for 2016 intake
- Arts and Social Sciences
- Economic and Management Sciences
- Medicine and Health Sciences*
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech-Language and Hearing Therapy
*Please note that the 2015 Selection Guidelines will be published in March.
Online applications for 2016 open on 1 March 2015. Click here to apply.
For further inquiries, please contact our Client Service Centre
Tel.: 021 808 9111
Fax: 021 808 3822