How do I apply?
The faculty into which the University accepts a student is dependant on the study programme chosen. It is therefore important to decide on a programme before applying for studies at the University. Programme information that can help you with this decision is available here.
Take note of the following CLOSING DATES for undergraduate programmes in 2014 (for study in 2015):
- 31 May: Programmes in the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences. Do have a look at our 10 step guide to applying.
- 31 July: BA (Sport Science)
- 15 August: BA (Drama)
- 31 August: BA (Music); BMus
- 30 September: BA (Visual Arts)
- 30 June: Residence application
- 30 June: Applications for all other programmes, with late applications until 30 September. Please note that late applications will only be considered if space is still available in the particular programme. The University reserves the right to close late applications for any programme at any time prior to 30 September.
Postgraduate students must contact the Call Centre for closing dates of postgraduate applications on 021 808 9111.
STEP 2: Choose one of the following options to apply:
- Apply online. You will need an e-mail address and cellphone number. Follow the procedure set out on the online application.
- Request an application form from 021 808 9111 and follow steps 3 to 5.
STEP 3: Complete the form
Make sure that you complete the entire form. Incomplete forms will be sent back and delay the process.
STEP 4: Pay the Application fee
- Please note: Application fees can be paid with the online application process , by cheque, postal order or cash.
- Cash payments must be made in person at the cashier at the Administration A building (Stellenbosch Campus).
- More on payment options.
STEP 5: Send the completed form and required application fee (or proof of payment) to:
Private Bag X1
STEP 6: And after the University received your application?
The University will acknowledge receipt of your application via post or e-mail.
You are assigned a student number for identification purposes. (If you have already studied at the University, we will use your original student number). With this student number you can track your application for admission for studies and residence online at www.mymaties.com